Wow, guys. I received a terrific surprise this week by way of a Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination from A Barbarian in Gentlemen’s Clothing. If you’re not already a follower, I heartily suggest you head on over to Mr A’s blog and join the barbarian horde! Thank you, Mr A, I’m chuffed, delighted and honoured that you nominated me 🌺
Now, to answer your questions….
Wow, you’ve certainly opened with a deep existential question, Mr A. You don’t mess around!
I would love to say that I’m a positive person who loves life but, if I’m honest, I’d have to say that I’m someone who mostly just endures it.
As someone who (broadly) follows of the Hindu school of Samkhya-Yoga, my ultimate goal would be to absolutely NOT have to repeat another cycle, but to attain moksa (liberation) and get off this crazy wheel of birth-death-rebirth! However, if I were forced to do my life over, I wouldn’t want to repeat the cycle of feeling trapped, or like a passenger in my own life. I’d love to have been less afraid, and more willing to take a risk. Am I taking steps now, in this life, to achieve that? Well, I suppose that by starting a blog, I’ve kind of taken a risk in putting part of myself out there.
The big risk that I still dream of fulfilling is to hand in my notice at work, and move out to the seaside. I don’t know what I would do for a living there, but I just adore the ocean, and the laid-back lifestyle of Devon/ Cornwall. Unfortunately, as for all of us, money is a big obstacle; I really need a win on *Euromillions* (* insert local lottery of your choice), lol!
Oh, loads of things, yes. Most recently, I thought about buying a ball python for a pet. I love those little critters! However, practicalities such as the cost of setting up a really good terrarium, the fact that pets can be a tie if you ever want to go on holiday or up-sticks and relocate, and the fact that ball pythons can live for 25+ years made me (thankfully) think before I leapt. I just don’t have it in me to be taking care of a snake into my 70s!!
No, not as far as I’m aware. I think there’s an important distinction to make between knowing someone is wrong and thinking or believing they are wrong. I don’t profess to know unequivocal truths, so I’d prefer to be agnostic about these things. I may not agree with someone’s point of view, but except in very extreme cases (e.g. racists, sexists, homophobes, right-wing ideologues or heinous criminals), I wouldn’t presume to tell anyone else that they’re flat out wrong.
And if they were a racist, sexist, homophobe right-wing ideologue or vicious criminal, then I wouldn’t follow them!
Yes, as per above, I’m waiting to be able to move to the West Country (Devon/ Cornwall). I am waiting for a few reasons and, yes, I believe that they are realistic concerns:
- Health (I’ve got a physical musculoskeletal ailment at the moment, hopefully only temporary, but it means I’m not really in a place where I can make the move).
- Quitting my job of 13 years (although to be honest, nowadays I’d be very glad to see the back of it!)
- Fear of how I would make ends meet when I got there
I’m hoping that I’ll either a) win the aforementioned lottery (difficult as I never buy a ticket!) or b) happen upon a magic lamp inhabited by a very kind genie!
Hmm, related to my whole attain liberation from rebirth goal, I really need to be more committed to my meditation practice. I was actually doing really well, and feeling a lot of mental and physical benefits, but I’ve increasingly found that there just aren’t enough hours in the day. That’s a total cop-out on my part, though. I know I should do better and, yes, I could and should give it, if not everything I have, at least a good portion of my energy.
That’s a tough one. I am a believer in the idea that whatever makes a person comfortable and at ease with themselves is automatically sexy. That said, I was a teenage girl in the mid-to-late 80s, and there are two hairstyles that still do it for me, though I realise they may not have aged so well……
7. How is your net worth? Are you still living from paycheck to paycheck?
Dismal. My mental health problems a couple of years ago affected my ability to work full-time, and as a result I was without a pay cheque for several months. So I had to hit my small savings account in order to pay the rent and the bills, and my financial situation still hasn’t recovered. And now I have additional costs associated with my current injury, so I’m basically buggered at the moment! (for non-UK folks, I don’t mean literally buggered – it’s a vernacular for “screwed”, “fucked”, “up shit creek” etc!)
Oh, I wish I knew, Mr A. Zopiclone? Temazapam? Ambien? 😉
Possessiveness, violence and misogyny. Three massive deal-breakers for me.
Only your bloody luscious looking meatball recipe! How dare you remind me what a lazy and incompetent cook I am!! 😜
(Serious answer, nothing I’ve encountered on your blog has been poor taste or irresponsible in my opinion.)
Okay, I have two responses to this question.
Response 1: Well, this statement presumes that there is a right way and a wrong way to “do” sex. Sex is not a colour-by-numbers, this-part-must-go-into-this-part equation. Whatever sexual expression consenting adults engage in and enjoy is sex done right.
Response 2: Fuck yeah, I agree. Hand me my sex towel, Jeeves! 👄
Thanks so much again, Mr A, I’ve really enjoyed your questions. 💋
So now it is my task to nominate new blogs to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award (how many am I allowed? As I was nominated in a list of 8, I’ll also choose 8), and write them 11 new questions.
My nominees are:
Nominees, my questions are as follows:
1. Forrest Gump (and his momma) famously said that “life is like a box of chocolates”. What type of chocolate (boxed chocolates or any confectionery bar) best describes your life right now, and how/why?
2. The zombie apocalypse is upon us, or a meteor is just days from colliding with the Earth. What do you do?
3. Do you have a recurring dream/s and, if so, are you willing to tell us anything about it?
4. Have you ever had an encounter with a celebrity? If yes, who was it and how did you react? If no, is there any celebrity you’d love to meet and how do you think/hope you would react? (Celebrities both living and departed are fair game here.)
5. Do you believe in ghosts/aliens/angels/premonitions/telepathy/etc? Have you ever had a close encounter of the supernatural kind that you’re comfortable sharing?
6. What was the first song/album/artist you fell in love with? If you aren’t a music fan, how about first book/author?
7. Meatloaf says he would do anything for love, but he won’t do “that”. What is your “that”? What wouldn’t you do for love?
8. Top Five Favourite films. Go!
9. Is there something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done yet? A bungy-jump? A Mediterranean cruise? A dream job? However big or little, what dream or goal would you love to realise?
10. Have you ever owned, or better yet, do you currently own, any of the following clothing items?
- Bell-bottom trousers
- Leg warmers
- Fluorescent socks
- Tie-dyed t-shirts
- Hypercolour(TM) anything
- Keyboard tie
- Underwear featuring any Marvel or DC comic characters
Please elaborate 😜
11. To finish, it’s got to be a sexy question. What is your greatest erotic fantasy? Has this fantasy ever been realised in your real life, or does it remain the stuff of your (wet) dreams? Can you, or will you divulge the details? (If you don’t want to tell, that’s totally okay, of course.)
So there you have it, peeps. My answers to Mr A’s questions, and my 11 new questions for my nominees. I’d like to thank Mr A from A Barbarian in Gentlemen’s Clothing once again for nominating me. Go check out his blog, everyone. Nominees, I hope you have fun with my questions.
Love, Jupiter x 🌺 💋